Pages

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Milestone!



“And now the word of the Lord is ringing out from you to people everywhere, even beyond Macedonia and Achaia…” (1 Thess 1:8, NLT)

Look back at the Scripture address for the verse above – 1 Thessalonians.  It should come as no surprise that Paul was writing to the church he had planted at Thessalonica, but where was he writing from? Corinth.  From the last post (or class) this is the place where the Holy Spirit tarried, allowing Paul to “settle down … teaching the Word of the Lord” (Acts 18:11, Amp).  We’re going to pick back up here in Acts 18 in just a minute, but before we get too deep into this week’s lesson.  I want to share some news with you…

When Tentmakers (our Sunday school class) began last year, we weren’t “High Tech” (as Leroy likes to refer to us).  The highest our tech went was weekly emails of summaries and thoughts about our time together in class.  Blogging never even crossed my mind until Jason encouraged me to start posting my thoughts here, and even then I didn’t do anything until Jason himself set up the blog and emailed me the login/password information.  :)

If you’ve been following our posts from the beginning, you may have noticed a shift in my writing style – from an ‘our class primarily’ to a ‘whomever may be reading’ perspective.  This change happened when I noticed an “Audience” feature on the blog.  I saw that, “the word of the Lord [was] ringing out from you to people everywhere” (1 Thess 1:8).  So the big news?  Yesterday, I saw that we have surpassed the 1000-view mark.  Maybe not as impressive as the millions of views the ‘Gangnam Style’ guy had just yesterday, but I want you to know that God is using our experiences here to minister to people (literally) all over the world.  To Him be the glory and honor and praise!  And “may the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you” (1 Thess 5:28).

No comments:

Post a Comment