Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

Here goes nothing ... or maybe everything

I am shaking as I type my first post.  I know that God has plans for this blog far beyond anything I can imagine.  To this point, He has revealed just a few of His purposes:  (1) to summarize weekly lessons for those attending Tentmakers and for others who cannot attend our weekly meetings, (2) to add insights and applications that don’t fit into our 45-minute class, and (3) to encourage the study of God’s Word as a part of daily life.  I look forward to learning more of God’s plan and growing alongside each of you!

As for some background, TENTMAKERS was inspired by the story of Priscilla and AquiIa – a husband and wife pair who were friends of and helpers to the apostle Paul (Acts 18).  My goal for the class and the blog is that we – as individuals and couples – get to know God better through the study of His Word so that, like Priscilla and Aquila, we can invite others into our homes and explain to them the way of God more adequately (Acts 18:26).

As believers, we have already invited the Holy Spirit of God to make His home in us, i.e. in our tent bodies (2 Cor 5:1).  In doing so, our bodies have gone from mere tents to "the temple of God" (1 Cor 3:16).  So out of TENTMAKERS comes this blog TENTS TO TEMPLE.

No comments:

Post a Comment